PAIRSINE CHEFS FOOD & WINE COMPETITION
Where premium beverages and spectacular cuisine collide!
11 wine savvy chefs compete to make 22 custom paired epicurean delights with 22 award-winning wines!
Lon Symensma- Cholon Modern Asian Bistro, Denver
2012 Best Chef & Peoples Choice Winning Chef
While the event is sometimes referred to as "Iron Chef ™" meets wine, participating chefs have no secret ingredient. Chef's are provided with sample bottles of wine to taste and develop their custom paired dishes.
On event day, the participating chefs will create custom paired dishes, served in appetizer portions and staff will pour wine samples alongside thechef's food table.
A panel of notable food and wine critics/experts will taste each culinary creation with its assigned wine. They select the "Best Chef" and "Most Creative" Chef winners.
All consumer attendees also get to cast their votes for the "People's Choice" award. A valuable prize is awarded to the "People's Choice Chef".
Paisine Chefs Food & Wine Pairing Competition
At The 2012 Denver International Wine Festival Featuring the Gold Medal Wines from The 2012 Denver International Wine Competition!
When: Thursday November 8, 2012, 6-9pm
Where: Grand Hyatt Denver-38th FLR
1750 Welton St (17th)
SAVE $20 (code:eatsip20)
Order by November 6, 2012
COMPETING CHEFS & RESTAURANTS
- Lon Symensma- Cholon Modern Asian Bistro, Denver
- Tom Coohill, Coohill's
- Jensen Cummings- Row 14 Bistro & Wine Bar
- Jeremy Thomas- Le Grand Bistro & Oyster Bar
- Patrick Hartnett, Kachina Grill, Westin Westminster
- Jay Leandro, Pub 17 on Welton
- Ryan Leinonen, Trillium
- Matt Crow and Holly Kinney, The Fort
- Samir Mohammad, Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria
- David Harker, The Meritage Restaurant/ Omni Interlocken Resort
- Daniel & Kristin Cofrades, Early Bird Restaurant
FOOD PAIRING WINES
- Peju Provence - Sauvignon Blanc and Merlot
- Alexandria Nicole - Viognier and Bordeaux/Meritage
- Balistreri Vineyards- San Giovese
- Steele - Pinot Blanc and Pinot Noir
- Coyote Canyon - Life is a Rose (dry rose) and Malbec
- Casa Vinicola Zonin - Zonin Prosecco
- Cameron Hughes - Lot 346 Sauvignon Blanc
- Wente - Morning Fog Chardonnay
- Trione - Chardonnay
- Rainer Winery - Diversion Dry Riesling
- Pacific Rim - Semi-Dry Riesling
- Solaro Estate - Tempranillo
- McNab - Pinotage
- Kitzke Cellars - Cabernet Sauvignon
- Klinker Brick - 2010 Zinfandel
- Michael David Winery - Earthquake Petite Sirah
- Delille Cellars - Doyenne Signature Syrah
- Lang Twins Vineyards & Winery -Moscatto
Robert Corey, Chef & Instructor at Johnson & Whales University
Tom Spilman, District President, KeyBank & Devoted Foodie!
Jean-Luc Voegele, Executive Chef, The Westin Denver Downtown
Claire Walter, Award-winning Journalist and Author
FEATURED RECEPTION WINERIES
•Van Ruiten Family
•Marrenon Wines Of France
AWARDS CEREMONY SPIRIT SPONSOR
•Round House Spirits
PEOPLE'S CHOICE SPONSORS
Big Green Egg
Presented by Third Coast Collectibles
2012 CHARITY OF CHOICE
The Foundation For Sight and Sound, a 501(c)3 non profit organization and
their Help America Hear Program, that provides hearing aides to
disadvantaged people with a hearing disability.
The Help America Hear Program was created in January 2009 and has since
fitted 120 men, women & children nationwide with hearing aids. With the
minimum cost of a hearing aid averaging $2,000, many individuals are unable
to afford this necessary tool for improving their quality of life.
Tickets Now On Sale!
Order by Telephone- 866 946-3268.